Journey to Ladakh6 Nights 7 Days
- On arrival at Kushok Bakula airport in Leh (situated at a height of 3,500 meters), you will be transferred to your hotel (2-3 kilometers from airport). During the day, acclimatize yourself with the weather and high pressure of Ladakh. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- In the morning, drive towards west of Leh and explore the miniature paintings of Alchi Monastery. The foundation stone of Alchi Monastery was laid sometime back in 990 A.D. En route, drive past Magnetic Hall and confluence of Indus and Zanskar River at Nimu. While heading back to Leh, en route visit Military Hall of Fame. Stay overnight at the hotel in Leh
- Early morning, leave on road to Nubra Valley via Khardongla Pass which is situated at a height of 18360 ft and considered as the highest motorable pass of the world. In the afternoon, explore Hunder & Diskit monastery and white sand dunes via camel safari. The safari tour is done with double humped camels that are found only in Nubra Valley. Stay overnight at the Deluxe Camp/Hotel.
- Following the Samstanling Monastery tour in the morning, you will drive back to Leh via Khardongla Pass. In the evening, explore the local bazaars (markets) of Leh. One can purchase shopping items such as Pashmina shawls, Chinese cutleries, good pearls and Ladakhi woolen handicrafts. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- A full day tour of Pangong Lake is scheduled for the itinerary of 5th day. The Pangong Lake is around 135 kilometers away from Leh and situated at an elevation of 4,400 meters. En route, cross Chang la pass and drive through Durbuk and Tangtse village situated in the Changthang region of Ladakh. In the afternoon, explore the lake and its surroundings. A tour of the local village will enable cultural insight into Leh. Stay overnight at the tented camp.
- During early morning, you can enjoy a photo-session around the lake. Post breakfast, drive back to Leh. An optional tour of Hemis Monastery (5 kilometer away from Leh near Kharu) is also on the cards. Hemis is the largest and richest monastery complex in Ladakh. Drive back to Leh by noon. In the afternoon, enjoy a shopping tour in the local markets of Leh. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- In the morning, you'll be escorted to Kushok Bakula airport to catch flight for onward destination.